Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hello

#1 posting 8.10.2006
your daily dose of girls volleyball news & information

HELLO
This is the first of many daily reports on volleyball. I feel there is a need for news and information on the sport. Too often the daily papers glance over games.

BACKGROUND
I got my start coaching volleyball back in the fall of 1983 when I arrived at Ellsworth, MN. They told me I was going to be an assistant coach. I explained I didn't know anything about volleyball. They didn't seem to mind. For four years I coached there, and then made the move to Minneapolis South as an assistant coach for the next four years. There were four years off as I moved on to Osseo. In the fall of 1996 I was the varsity coach at Osseo. In the fall of 2001 our team finished fourth in the AAA tournament. I left Osseo spring of 2002 and was out of coaching again for a year. In the fall of 2003 I was an assistant at Robbinsdale Cooper. Beginning in the fall of 2004 I became the head coach at Minneapolis Henry and still am in that position today.

In this blog I will be looking for bits of information from High Schools to colleges. If you have any bits of information e-mail me in my profile.
I want this blog to be like a daily newspaper for volleyball.

UM DULUTH READY FOR NCC
Here is a press release from the UMD volleyball program which won the North Central Confrence championship last year. In it coach Boos answers a reporters questions. Here is the Duluth News Tribune analyzing the season ahead.

CONCORDIA ST. PAUL PRESEASON #1
Concordia St. Paul is the number one team in the Northern Sun preseason poll. Southwest MN State received votes for the top spot and is rated number two only one point behind. Here is the Northern Sun press release which also names CSP's and Wayzata's Jessica Lucia as preseason player of the year. There is four pages of good information.

Next up: tomorrow afternoon with the general news of the day.