Sunday, November 19, 2006

Adams, Ryan POYs; Ridgewater Champs

#1 posting 11.18.2006
your daily dose of girls volleyball news & information

ALL AREA TEAMS
Award season is in full swing with Brainerd and Duluth naming names.

Annie Adams , Crosby-Ironton, was named player of the year in the Brainerd Dispatch. Here are stats, standings and the balance of the all area team.

Amber Ryan, Hermantown, has been named player of the year in the Duluth News Tribune. I could find no links for the rest of the team. If you know, let me know.

RIDGEWATER NJCAA CHAMPS
Central Lakes was facing Ridgewater in the semifinals yesterday. Ridgewater won that contest in four and then beat Edison in a sweep. The official tournament site has more information along with the all tournament team. Ridgewater's Ashley Olson was MVP.

Each school had the build up to the big event. The Brainerd Dispatch has the Central Lakes story. Ridgewater is in the West Central Tribune.

ALL STAR GAME
There is a photo of the North Central All Star action from Bemidji in the Bemidji Pioneer. No story however. Action continues today.

I have added links to JO programs. If you know of more let me know.

I have tons of photos from the state tournament. It seemed when I clicked the camera was slow. When I thought I was getting a hitter about to swat the ball, I got the action about 1.4 seconds later with celebrations or ball in the net. I hope to put some up on Thanksgiving.

Thanks to all the readers that help make this website what it is. We appreciate the information.

Next up: tomorrow morning