Friday, September 07, 2007

Out & About in a Jam

#4 posting 9.7.2007
your daily dose of girls volleyball news & information

where is the Out & About? My battle plan was to get to Apple Valley for the first day of their first tournament (I will be with Mpls. Henry tomorrow at Osseo). However I didn't get out of practice until 6:20 this evening and then with travel time didn't get to AV until close to kick off time. That is right they had a football game on top of the 16 team volleyball tournament. The resulting traffic jam, with two huge events going on at the same time, put parking at a premium. I cruised the lot for a sliver of empty parking, but to no avail. If I was able to get to the 5 pm start of the volleyball games I am sure I would have had a space, but I had not seen such a traffic situation. I am sure it would not be great leaving at the same time the football game let out. I turned around and went home.

D2 ACTION TODAY
#4 UM Duluth swept Lake Superior State in the Duluth Classic volleyball tournament.

MORE THURSDAY HIGH SCHOOL ACTION
AAA
#2 Shakopee dispatched Missota rival New Prague in a sweep. From the Shakopee News.

Stillwater went across state lines with a 3-1 win over River Falls, WI. From the Stillwater Gazette.

AA
#1 Jordan beat Minnesota River foe Holy Family in a sweep and never gave up more than 12 points. Here is the Jordan News with more details.

Next up: tomorrow morning